Friday, May 27, 2011

Ayup, i'm useless at this blogging! sorry for the inconsistency. It's been a good couple of weeks though, on and off the bike. I've had a few visitors with my brother, his girlfriend and my friends Tom and Harry, we had some good times with bbq's, pedalo boats, and squeezing 5 of us into my small apartment for two weeks! it was good fun and the weather was top notch for pretty much the whole time, so smiles all round.
The first race i did was the stage race organised by my team, i was a bit disappointed at this race because i felt average all weekend, but with 6th,20th and 10th on the three respective stages i managed to come out 4th overall, my third 4th place in three races. The following weekend however was a race that suited me down to the ground; it was a very hard course with 7500ft of climbing in 110km. I felt great on the day and after a flat first half hour or so we reached the first climb it was a hard 4km climb and i went over the top in a group of 7. Eventually after a few hard little climbs, i was away with one other rider and we reached the final climb together. It was a tough one with the first three kilometers at over 17% gradient, and the last 5 kilometers at around 5%. i rode the whole climb alone, and won the race by over two minutes, bagging my first race win in france. I'm pretty chuffed, and with a race that climbs two cols this Sunday i hope i can do a good ride again.
Thanks again to Keith and Ann at Eureka cycles and Scott sports uk, having a great bike that i can rely on has made all the difference, cheers guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment